The rosette lapel pin of the Ethiopian Order of the Holy Trinity. The Order was established by Emperor Haile Selassie 1 in 1930 to celebrate his coronation as a civil and military Order of Merit generally limited to the Ethiopian nobility, high clergy and officers of the Imperial court. Originally created in five classes the Crown Council of Ethiopia has restored the Order to one class that of Knight Grand Cross with the addition of a grand collar in certain extraordinary circumstances. The Order is today bestowed by the Crown Council on very distinguished individuals, Ethiopian and foreign, who have served the Council in a variety of roles as Special Advisors and Envoys. The Award carries the Appellation of His Excellency and the post-nominals GCHT.